Effects of Covid-19 on sexual health, Many people who have recovered from the virus still feel its effects months later. It is found that the Effects of Covid-19 on sexual health is one of the concerns. Two of the most common issues facing people with long-COVID are fatigue and breathlessness.
Some people feel too exhausted for sexual activity, or they might become out of breath during sex. Chest, muscle, and joint pain may occur as well. Experts believe stress and anxiety can play a large role in sexual difficulties.
The COVID-19 pandemic has been filled with challenges. People may be coping with illness in themselves or loved ones. They may be grieving the loss of someone close to them. And adjusting to changes in employment, childcare, and other aspects of day-to-day life can be stressful. When stress builds up, it can affect sexual desire, confidence, and satisfaction.
Studies have found that COVID-19 survivors might develop short and long-term sexual and reproductive health issues, including erectile dysfunction (ED). In addition, COVID-19 has been detected in the testicle, so it could affect how well your testicles can work. It could affect both sperm production and testosterone production.
What is Erectile dysfunction (ED)?
Erectile dysfunction (impotence) is the inability to get and keep an erection firm enough for sex. Having erection trouble from time to time isn’t necessarily a cause for concern. However, if erectile dysfunction is an ongoing issue, it can cause stress, affect your self-confidence, and contribute to relationship problems. Problems getting or keeping an erection can also signify an underlying health condition that needs treatment and a risk factor for heart disease.
What’s Causing It? Effects of Covid-19 on sexual health!
Men with ED are more than five times more likely to have COVID-19. For men with a history of COVID-19, the estimated risk of developing ED was 5.66 higher. Those numbers remained even after several factors could lead to the potential onset of ED after COVID-19.
One factor is that the virus causes issues in the body’s blood vessels. The virus causes a high level of inflammation in the body as a defense response. The high level of inflammation can cause small blood clots to form and inflammation of the lining of the blood vessels. Combined, these two features can disrupt blood flow – one of the most important factors in achieving an erection.
Indirectly, COVID-19 can worsen an already existing heart condition such as heart inflammation or an irregular heartbeat. Medicines to treat these conditions, such as beta-blockers, can cause ED side effects. The major effects of Covid 19 on sexual health are explained below with the prevention.
Possible factors for ED could be:
- A direct effect of the virus on testicular tissue: The virus enters cells with the help of a protein that is prevalent in the testicles. The testicles are where most testosterone is made in men so COVID-19 may cause decreased testosterone levels in the body. Lower testosterone levels can contribute to erectile dysfunction and decreased energy, libido, and muscle mass. Lower testosterone levels also could exacerbate the body’s inflammatory response, causing heightened damage to the blood vessels.
- Vascular effects: ED is a predictor of heart disease; therefore, the vascular and reproductive systems are connected. COVID-19 can cause hyper-inflammation throughout the body, especially in the heart and surrounding muscles. Blood supply to the penis can become blocked or narrowed due to a new or worsened vascular condition caused by the virus.
- Psychological impact: Sexual activity is closely associated with mental health. The stress, anxiety, and depression caused by the virus and pandemic can be linked to sexual dysfunction and poor mood.
- Overall health deterioration: ED is typically a symptom of an underlying problem. Men with poor health are at greater risk of developing ED and having a severe reaction to COVID-19. Since the virus can cause many health issues, general poor health is cause for concern both for ED and other complications.
- Cytokines / inflammatory chemicals affect sperm counts, function, and morphology.
- Reduced libido/ erections due to psychological trauma or mental health issues
- Effect of steroid and antivirals used for treatment on sperm number/function
What Can You Do?
Effects of Covid-19 on sexual health!
Side effects of COVID-19 can be short- or long-term. But experts aren’t sure if these complications can lead to issues with fertility or with sexual health.
The best way to prevent erectile dysfunction is to make healthy lifestyle choices and manage any existing health conditions.
- Work with your doctor to manage diabetes, heart disease, or other chronic health conditions.
- See your doctor for regular checkups and medical screening tests.
- Stop smoking, limit or avoid alcohol, and don’t use illegal drugs.
- Exercise regularly.
- Take steps to reduce stress.
- Get help for anxiety, depression, or other mental health concerns.
If you or your partner is coping with sexual problems due to COVID-19, consider the following steps:
- If you feel breathless or tired during sex, stop and rest. Try activities that take less energy. For example, if vigorous intercourse is difficult, think about other ways to be intimate, such as cuddling, kissing, or oral sex.
- Choose sexual positions that place less pressure on the chest. Doing this can make it easier to breathe.
- Try to maintain healthy habits. Eat a healthy diet and stay as physically active as you can. Take steps to manage your stress, whether that means spending time in quiet meditation, enjoying a conversation with friends over video chat, or laughing during a funny movie.
- If you think stress and anxiety affect your sex life, you don’t have to cope alone. Talk the situation over with your partner. You might also consider counseling or sex therapy.
I am suggesting you some ayurvedic medicines.
Take Aswagandhadi churan half teaspoon in the morning & in the night.
Take Capsule SHILAJIT one in the morning and one in the night,
Take tablet manmath Ras one in the morning and one in the night.
Take tablet Pushp dhanva Ras one in the morning and one in the night. And take tablet Sidh makardhwaj Vati with gold, one in the morning and one in the night after food.
All the above preferably with hot milk or with water
Also apply and message Shri Gopal tail on your penis three times a week for 2 to 4 minutes.
Avoid junk food, oily and spicier food, alcohol, tobacco, tension and anxiety.
Start doing brisk walk or running or cardio exercises for at least 30 min a day. Start doing yoga, pranayama, meditation, Vajroli mudra. Ashwini mudra, Kegel exercise for at least 30 min a day.
Start taking hot milk twice a day.
2-3 dates in the morning and in the night with milk.
Do all the above suggested treatment for 3 months and see the results.
If you don’t get satisfactory results then please go to your family doctor or a good sexologist.