Sexual dysfunction is any physical or psychological problem that prevents you or your partner from getting sexual satisfaction. It is characterized by problems in your sexual life. This disorder can affect people of all ages, however, the risk of sexual dysfunction increases with age. The usual symptoms of sexual dysfunction are low libido levels and erectile dysfunction.
Vajikarana promotes the sexual capacity and performance; on the other hand it also improves the physical and psychological health of an individual and hence is helpful in preservation and promotion positive health. According to ayurveda, Salam panja is one the best herbs to treat male infertility due to its strong aphrodisiac properties.
Salam Panja Herb –
Dactylorhiza hatagirea is a species of orchid. It is locally known as salam panja or hatta haddi and panchaule in nepali and himalayan regions. The name panchaule is derived from its shape, which resembles fingers of hand with 3-5 fingers. Salam panja is a perennial herb with long flowering stems.
The root of this plant is sweet in taste and is extensively used in Ayurveda for its health benefitting properties and high nutritional value. It has the ability to pacify the doshas. It is native of the Himalaya and found throughout from west to east at temperate to subalpine biocliates within 2800 – 4000 m altitude. It grows in moist places, open area, shrub land and open meadows. It flowers in June-July.
Alternate Names: Hatajiri, Hatajori, Panja, Salep, Marsh orchid, Hatta Haddi, Panchule (Nepali).
Benefits of Salam Panja in Sexual Problems:
1) Increases sperm quality and quantity: Testosterone is the male hormone that stimulates the sperm production and can directly affect fertility by causing decreased sperm production and indirectly by reducing sex drive and causing erectile dysfunction. Increased level of testosterone in blood results in improving quality and mobility of the sperms.
2) Erectile dysfunctions and premature ejaculation: Salam Panja can be used to treat male health problems like erectile dysfunctions. It can increase the strength of the muscles in the penile tissue and also increase the blood supply into the organ thus allowing a man to get an erection. This herb is known to possess a strong penile erection index, which is a measure of how long a man can maintain an erection. Hence, it is considered useful for treating premature ejaculation.
3) Nerve Tonic / Reduces stress and anxiety: The herb is also considered a great nerve tonic. It strengthens the nerves and is great for treating stress and anxiety. Cortisol is the primary stress hormone which increases the sugar level in bloodstream and curbs the functions that would be non-essential or harmful in a fight like situation. Thus it helps calm the mind and the body and also promotes good sleep. It indirectly helps with various lifestyles sexual disorders.
4) Helps in lack of libido: It strengthens the nerves and is great for treating stress and anxiety by reducing stress and calming body and mind it also promotes good sexual drive.
5) Nocturnal emission/ Night fall: It works by promoting the production of nitric oxide in the muscles of the penile tissue that results in the relaxation of the smooth muscles which in turn helps to preventing night falls.
6) Salam panja for immunity: Salam panja is loaded with essential nutrients and has immunity-boosting properties that help build a stronger immune system. Consuming the root powder of this plant flushes out the toxins from the body. It strengthens the body and provides energy.
Salam panja working in the body: According to Ayurveda, this plant has the ability to pacify Vata and Pitta dosha. It is sweet in taste and has cold potency. It is considered as one of the potent ayurvedic herbs for treating male infertility. It also has anti-inflammatory, anti-aging, antioxidant, and antimicrobial properties. All these properties help remove ama (toxins) from the body. This in return helps with rejuvenating the body with balancing the doshas of the body.
Dosage of Salam panja:
a) Take 10 gms of root powder with warm milk and sugar on empty stomach twice daily.
b) Salam Pak is a very commonly used ayurvedic preparation with Salam panja as the main ingredient is used as a health tonic. It is an excellent remedy for male sexual problems, nervous debility, weakness, chronic diarrhea, laziness and muscle pain.
c) An alternative way of using Salam Panja is to apply the oil extracted from the herb on the penile tissue and gently massage it for a few minutes.
Side Effects if Salam panja:
– It is completely safe to take this medicine in recommended doses.
– There are no known side-effects of medicine.
– It is heavy to digest and may cause bloating and constipation.
Always consult your doctor before using Salab Panja or any other herbal supplement.
Conclusion:Salam Panja is very good and effective in promoting male sexual performance. It works as an excellent aphrodisiac agent and is very helpful in treating diseases like premature ejaculation, low libido, low sperm quality and quantity, erectile dysfunction, Nightfall issues etc.