Stressful life style has enhanced the number of subject’s suffering from one form of sexual dysfunction. Sexual dysfunction can be any problems that prevent a person or couple from experiencing satisfaction from sexual activity. Dissatisfaction, the failure to satisfy one’s own or one’s partner’s sexual needs (either stated or unstated), is a frequent cause of referral to sexual, marital or couple therapy clinics, and may in part have sexual dysfunction at its core.
Ayurveda the traditional system of medicine in India recognized the vital importance of virility and formulated vajikarna therapy. A variety of plants have been used as sex stimulants or sexual performance enhancer in vajikarna; one such plant is vidarikand.
Vidarikand – a Solution in Sexual Problems:
Vidarikhand is a perennial herb that goes by the botanical name Pueraria tuberosa and belongs to the Fabaceae (pea) family. Known as Indian Kudzu in common terms, Vidarikhand possesses a widely spread tuberous root system with a coiling, climbing, trailing vine. The tuberous roots are globose, starchy, white in colour, and have a sweet taste. The leaflets are egg-shaped, with a round base and unequal sides. Flowers are usually bisexual in nature with a blue or purplish-blue tone. The fruit pods are linear and constricted densely between the seeds. Seeds have silky, bristly reddish-brown hair and chiefly vary from 3 to 6 in number.
The herb is native to India, Pakistan and Nepal and widely spread throughout the Himalayas, growing at a height of about 4000 ft and even in other areas of Mount Abu, Punjab, Sikkim, Western Uttar Pradesh, and Central India.
Ayurveda knows this medicinal plant by the Sanskrit terminologies such as Ikshugandha, Vidari, Vidarikanda, Kandapalash, Bhumikushmanda, Swadukanda, Bidari, Bidarikand, and Charmkaraluk.
Health Benefits of Vidarikhand in sexual problems:
1) Increases sperm count and testosterone levels: It plays a key role in increasing virility and stamina in men. It is known to increase blood circulation in the genitals which thereby improves the production of male hormones like testosterone and luteinizing hormone, thus improving the motility and quality of sperms in male due to its spermatogenesis property.
2) Increases libido: Vidarikhand offers a one-shot traditional remedy for boosting libido and improving fertility in men. It showcases strong aphrodisiac properties that not only helps in reducing mental stress and anxiety but also stimulates the production of testosterone that increases fertility and libido.
3) Slows aging process and boosts Immunity: Vidarikhand is well known for its regenerative effects. Not only it does help in tissue repair and regeneration but also owing to the potent antioxidant activity, it protects against cellular damage, and hence reduces the ageing process. This anti-aging process leads in helping spermatogenesis property; increasing fertility of the person. It also protects by improving the immune system, fighting microbes and shielding the body against various infections.
Working of Vidarikand on body:
It is sanctified with Madhura (sweet taste) Rasa and Guru (heavy) and Snigdha Guna (unctuous or oily quality). It inherently portrays Shita Virya (cold potency) and Madhura Vipaka (sweet metabolic taste). It chiefly appeases the Pitta (fire and air) doshas and Vata doshas (i.e., air) while an excess of it often aggravates the Kapha (earth and water) doshas. Owing to the essential properties and doshas, the herb has a positive effect on the various Dhatus (body tissues). With all these properties it corrects the imbalance of Vata, Pitta, and Kapha, Stanyavardhana (enhances lactation), Shukrala (improves sperm quality and motility), Brahmana (anabolic), Svarya (good for voice), Vajikarana (aphrodisiac) and Varnya (promotes complexion).
1. Vidarikand Powder- Take 2-3gm of Vidarikand powder or as directed by the doctor (Swallow it with lukewarm milk after meal twice a day).
2. Vidarikand Capsule- Take 1 capsule or as directed by the doctor (Swallow it with milk or water after meal twice a day).
3. Vidarikand Tablet- Take 1 tablet a day as directed by the doctor (Swallow it with milk or water after meal twice a day).
It is firmly recommended to consult an ayurvedic doctor or practitioner as he or she would evaluate the patient’s indications, past medical conditions and prescribe an effective dose for a specific period.
Side effects of Vidarikand:
An excess of it may lead to certain complications like headache, fever, skin Itchiness and dizziness. Vidarikhand in any form is highly contraindicated in people already suffering from and taking other medications for heart disease, diabetes, pregnancy, liver and kidney anomalies. Consult a doctor before starting to take this herb.
Vidarikhand has been mentioned in several ayurvedic scriptures as an ultimate remedy for numerous health anomalies owing to its enormous health benefits. This incredible medicinal herb is classified as an immuno-booster and rejuvenative. Being a potent aphrodisiac, it improves libido, treats various infertility issues and improves the reproductive health in both men and women. Hence it is considered great aphrodisiac herb.