Erectile dysfunction (impotence) is the inability to get and keep an erection firm enough for sex. It can be an embarrassing thing to talk about. It’s been reported that more than half of men between the ages of 40 and 70 experience some form of ED. So take comfort in knowing that you are not alone.
Erectile dysfunction can be a sign of a physical or psychological condition. It can cause stress, relationship strain and low self-confidence. The main symptom is a man’s inability to get or keep an erection firm enough for sexual intercourse.
Approximately one in 10 adult males will suffer from ED on a long-term basis. Many men do experience occasional failure to achieve erection, which can occur for a variety of reasons, such as drinking too much alcohol, stress, relationship problems, or from being extremely tired.
Causes of erectile dysfunction- ED can be caused by a number of factors, including:
Vascular disease: Blood supply to the penis can become blocked or narrowed as a result of vascular disease such as atherosclerosis (hardening of the arteries).
Neurological disorders (such as multiple sclerosis): Nerves that send impulses to the penis can become damaged from stroke, diabetes, or other causes.
Psychological states: These include stress, depression, lack of stimulus from the brain and performance anxiety.
Trauma: An injury could contribute to symptoms of ED.
Chronic illness, certain medications, and a condition called Peyronie’s disease can also cause ED. Operations for the prostate, bladder, and colon cancer may also be contributing factors.
Signs and symptoms of erectile dysfunction- Erectile dysfunction symptoms might include persistent:
- Trouble getting an erection
- Trouble keeping an erection
- Reduced sexual desire
Ayurveda and erectile dysfunction
Erectile dysfunction or Klaibya (Ayurvedic term) is the inability to achieve or maintain erection to satisfy his and the partner’s sexual needs. This is the most common problem in men due to the lifestyle changes that result in stress-related problems later on. Usually, this problem occurs in men above 40 years. Out of embarrassment, a lot of men fail to seek the right treatment. In most severe cases, it leads to impotency. According to Ayurveda, imbalance in Vata causes erectile dysfunction.
According to Ayurveda, Erectile Dysfunction is of seven types depending on the causes:
- Manasik Klaibya – psychological factors
- Dosha Klaibya – physiological factors
- Shukrakshayaj – deficiency of Shukra Dhatu
- Vyadhi – some other disease like diabetes
- Agha Taj – surgical or accidental trauma
- Shukran Rodham – suppression of sexual urge and
- Sahaj – congenital
The pathophysiology of erectile dysfunction in Ayurveda
Because of all the causative factors (hetus) there is vitiation of all doshas where kapla and pitta doshas toxicity is carried along with vata dosha hindering the rajas and tamas doshas of mana; manovaha strotasa in hridya and sharira that in trun again vitiates sharir doshas causing rakta and rasa dhusti leading to karya avarodh of arthava shrotas and rasavaha shrotas showing the lakshanas like lack of libido, soft or no erections etc, hence leads to erectile dysfunction.
How Ayurveda treats Erectile dysfunction?
According to Ayurveda, the total treatment for Erectile dysfunction or Impotence is called as Vajikarana therapy.
Vajikarana or Vrishya chikitsa is a one of eight major specialty of the Ashtanga Ayurveda. This subject is concerned with aphrodisiacs, virility and improving health of progeny. Vajikarana therapy is said to revitalize all the seven dhatus (body elements), therefore, restores equilibrium and health. Keeping in mind the concept of vajikaran as described in the texts of Ayurveda, it definitely offers a solution to minimize the shukra (sperm and ovum) defects and to ensure a healthy progeny.
Some Ayurvedic herbs are used in preparation for this therapy: vrihani gutika, vrishya gutika, vajikarana ghrita, upatyakari shashtikadi gutika, medadi yog and shatavari.
Single ayurvedic drugs like Satavari, Ashwaganda, Shilajatu, Kaunch beej, Musli also works great as aphrodisiac.
I am suggesting you some ayurvedic medicines.
Take Aswagandhadi churan half teaspoon in the morning & in the night.
Take Capsule SHILAJIT one in the morning and one in the night,
Take tablet manmath Ras one in the morning and one in the night.
Take tablet Pushp dhanva Ras one in the morning and one in the night. And take tablet Sidh makardhwaj Vati with gold, one in the morning and one in the night after food.
All the above preferably with hot milk or with water
Also apply and message Shri Gopal tail on your penis three times a week for 2 to 4 minutes.
Avoid junk food, oily and spicier food, alcohol, tobacco, tension and anxiety.
Start doing brisk walk or running or cardio exercises for at least 30 min a day. Start doing yoga, pranayama, meditation, Vajroli mudra. Ashwini mudra, kegel exercise for at least 30 min a day.
Start taking hot milk twice a day.
2-3 dates in the morning and in the night with milk.
Do all the above suggested treatment for 3 months and see the results.
Why to consult a doctor-
Ayurvedic medication dosage depends on person to person; depending upon pateints prakruti, imbalance bodily dosha, samatha, satva, koshta and bodily agni. Hence it is always good to consult an expert for best advice and proper dosage of the medicine. You can also consult our experts at Kayakalp international clinic in Mumbai; India.
Thing to do (to avoid Erectile dysfunction)-
- Practice Yoga and meditation regularly to keep away anxiety, depression and stress. Meditation and Yoga are best stress busters.
- Weight reduction helps to increase testosterone level and increases sexual energy and stamina. Weight reduction helps to keep hypertension and diabetes in control. Diabetes causes erectile dysfunction and anti-hypertensive medications may cause erectile dysfunction.
- Exercise regularly and daily. Brisk walk for 45 minutes is the best exercise which keeps the cardiovascular system healthy. Researches have shown that the incidences of erectile dysfunction are less in men who regularly exercise
- Reduce the frequency of masturbation. Masturbating twice in a month is ideal.
- Sleep at least for 8 hours a day. Body gets energized with good sleep.
- Take all steps to prevent indigestion and constipation. Indigestion and constipation vitiate doshas and cause diseases. Hard erections will not occur when body is not healthy.
- Happy and comfortable atmosphere at home is very essential to stimulate sexual desire and keep sexually healthy.
- Work with your doctor to manage conditions that can lead to erectile dysfunction, such as diabetes and heart disease.
The holistic approach of Ayurveda helps to understand erectile dysfunction in better way. The ayurvedic herb as no harmful side effects which is an added benefit to the treatment. Ayurveda focus on the root cause of the erectile dysfunction, then works in reversing the cause; balancing the bodily doshas i.e giving permanent solution to the problem. Erectile dysfunction treatment is effectively possible with Ayurveda, and it is best done with our sex experts at Kaya kalp international clinics in Mumbai; India.