The world has been facing an unprecedented crisis for the past several months. Corona virus has affected almost all countries & there is still no sign of an effective remedy.
The only know way to protect ourselves from this virus are maintaining proper hygiene, following social distancing & boosting our immunity.
Most common symptoms of covid -19 include fever & dry cough, fatigue. Less common symptoms are loss of smell, loss of taste, shortness of breath, muscle & joint pain, nasal congestion, nausea, headache, vomiting, coughing out blood, rash.
People aged 60 years & over & those with underlying medical problems like high blood pressure, heart, lung problems, diabetes, obesity, cancer etc are at high risk of developing serious illness.
Anyone can get sick with Covid-19 & become seriously ill or die at any age. Anyone with symptoms should be tested wherever possible.
People who do not have symptoms but have had close contact with someone who is or may be infected may also consider testing. While a person is waiting for test results, they should remain isolated from others.
Both isolation & quarantine are methods of preventing the spread of covid -19. Quarantine is used for anyone who is a contact of someone infected, whether the infected person has symptoms or not. Quarantine means that you remain separated from others because you have been exposed to the virus & you may be infected & can take place in a designated facility at home.
For Covid -19 this means staying in the facility or at home for 14 days.Isolation is used for people with covid -19 symptoms or who have tested positive for the virus.Being in isolation means being separated from other people ideally in a medical facility where you can receive clinical care. General measures of prevention :
- Drink warm water through out the day.
- Daily practice of yogasana, pranayama, meditation for atleast 30mins
- Spices like haldi, jeera, dhaniya & lahsun should be used in cooking in large amount.
Ayurvedic Kadha : WHO has declared it as a pandemic disease, in Ayurveda it is mentioned as Janapadodhwamsa. The treatment for this has been mentioned is rasayana chikitsa. Rasayana chikitsa helps in boosting immunity system to fight against infectious diseases. There are number of immunity boosters avialble in the market like chyavan prash and pancha tulsi kashaya etc.
There are so many pathways (wholesome measures) and kadhas are mentioned in Ayurvedic along with medicines which help in easy recovery from diseases. Some of these recipes can prepare easily at home.
Ingredients of Ayurvedic kadha & Preparations :-
- Tulsi leaves (5 to 6 )
- Dalchini – 2 pieces
- Dry ginger (sunthi ) – 2 pieces
- Black pepper – 3 to 4
- Black raisins – 4 to 5 pieces
- Garlic – 2-3 Kalis
- Turmeric – 1-2 gm
- Giloy – 5-10 gm
Take all ingredients in 200ml water & boil it on low flame for 15 to 20 mins.
Filter with a strainer & drink when warm.
- Tulsi: It is having antibacterial, germicidal and anti oxidant xproperties
- Dalchini: It is mentioned as Twak. It is loaded with anti oxidant property that helps in reducing the free radical damage in the body.
- Ginger: In ayurveda it is termed as Ardrak/ shunti. Presence of Gingerol, as an active component that makes ginger a perfect immunity booster. Apart from that, Ginger has anti bacterial and anti inflammatory properties.
- Black pepper: it is mentioned as Maricham in Ayurveda. It is enriched with vitamin c which is a great immunity enhancer. Black pepper is having a property to spread in the body as soon as it entered through even small channels in the body.
- Black Raisins : All Sweet, Health & Rasayan in nature.
- Garlic: This pungent nature of the onion is because of having a compound called allicin; it acts as antiviral, antifungal, and antibacterial.
- Turmeric: it is a wonderful herb mentioned as Haridra in Ayurveda. It is the best anti bacterial and anti inflammatory herb. The active ingredient called Curcumin in turmeric having best healing property.
- Giloy: it is mentioned as Guduchi in Ayurveda. It is the best immune modulator. Having antipyretic action means acts against all types of fevers.